One of the leading women motorcyclists of India, Last year Veenu Paliwal, met a tragic end en route Bhopal when her bike skid off the road near MP’s Vidisha district. Here are a few things you should know about her.
Last year, India lost one of its top woman bikers, Veenu Paliwal, to a tragic road accident in Madhya Pradesh’s Vidisha district.
The 44-year-old is said to have lost control of her bike and skidded off the road near Gyaraspur, while she was on her way to Bhopal.
Paliwal is said to have sustained a hand injury from the accident for which she was given a injection at a nearby hospital. Thereafter, her health started to deteriorate.
When moved to a different hospital, she was declared brought dead.
1. A resident of Jaipur, the 44-year-old bike enthusiast was named the Lady of Harley (Dunes Harley-Davidson) and HOG Rani.
2. In an interview to Jaipur Women Blog, Paliwal had admitted that she was inspired by her “avid biker” father since childhood.
3. She had learned how to ride a bike from her friends in college, but she couldn’t pursue her passion back then as she then didn’t own a bike herself.
4. Paliwal was married to a man who opposed to her riding bikes. She ended the marriage to pursue her passion for biking.
5. The daredevil biker was famous for driving her Harley Davidson bike at 180 kmph.
6. Paliwal was on a nationwide tour with fellow biker, Deepesh Tanwar; a trip that was cut short by the tragic accident last year.
7. Paliwal had plans of making a documentary of her motorbike journey across the country.
8. She also owned a Victorian tea room lounge called Chah Bar in Jaipur.
9. Paliwal is survived by a son and a daughter.
10. Paliwal had a dream of someday joining politics and spreading awareness about driving and riding bikes with safety.