Srinivas Chamarthy, an entrepreneur by profession is on a noble mission. He rides to promote the concept of innovation, product development and ‘Make in India’ campaign among young engineers and motivates them to work for the country.
He started this mission in 2015 under the banner’ A Journey to Realize Self- Ride, Interact, Learn, Share, Work and know our potential to innovate’. So far he has delivered 181+ lectures & 233 interactions to the youth of India. Royal Enfield sponsored him Thunderbird 500 bike for executing this mission in India.
He has already travelled nearly 63700 kms till now, across the country on his bike sharing his experiences with students of engineering, science and sociology and inspiring them to become the torch-bearers for making the country self-reliant in all fields. “I hate Indians being seen just as copycats by the world outside when we have talent and able minds. What we require is channelizing our energies in the proper direction with support and encouragement, wherever necessary,” he says.
A masters degree holder in engineering from Osmania University, Mr. Srinivas has one question in his mind from childhood — “why can’t the country make all the equipment it needs”. Giving an example of the dire necessity of making the ‘Make in India’ happen practically, he points out that the country imports nearly 90 per cent of high-end medical equipment from overseas and within a few years, they become obsolete so much so that getting spare parts would be a Herculean task since the manufacturers upgrade models constantly.
“That’s where my urge for Make in India endeavour has become stronger and stronger inspiring me to launch an activity called ‘A Journey To Realise Self’ with an idea to ride, interact, learn, share, work and self-realise our potential to innovate,” Mr. Srinivas explains. On July 14, 2015, he launched his journey to travel in India by road giving lectures/talks to engineering, science and sociology students on building right careers, useful both for them and the economy.
Mr. Srinivas has already covered a large number of colleges in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Odisha, West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland and Mizoram, including the latest talk on April 2 at Vidya Jyothi Institute of Technology on the outskirts of Hyderabad to motivate students to become soldiers of the ‘Make in India’.
“My mission is to motivate students to become useful engineers and scientists by making them understand the socioeconomic dynamics of the country and adding value wherever possible by connecting them to appropriate entities,” Mr. Srinivas says adding that sharing experience of success and failures in experimentation gives a good outlook to students. He spares half of his quality time to the activity taken up on his own.
Specialization: Specialized in integrated fields using DSP, Control and Power Applications.
1. Digital Signal Processing algorithms, programming and Design
2. Mathematical Modeling and Matlab Simulation
3. Circuit Simulation Using PSPICE
4. Control Systems – Digital and Analog Systems Design
5. Power Electronics – Inverters, Converters and Gate Drive Designs
6. Motor Control – Induction Motor, BLDC, PMSM, Stepper with Vector Control
7. Firmware Development – Preferably C Language, Assembly Language
8. Logic Design using Xilinx FPGAs
9. Worked on Various Processors of TI, NXP, Analog Devices, Free scale processors, Smart
10. Worked more than 80 projects useful and manufactured from small to big in the past 17
years from concept to product working at different levels in career.
Focus: To promote the concept of Innovation, Product Development and Make In India in young Engineers and motivate them to work for the country, an activity under the banner of “A Journey To Realize Self – Ride, Interact, Learn, Share, Work and Self realize our potential to Innovate ” was started as a single man effort (Srinivas Chamarthy) on 13 th July 2015. The documents related are attached with this letter as follows.
1. A Journey To Realize Self – Brochure
2. Profile of Srinivas Chamarthy
3. Five Important Press articles
4. Article Published on Royal Enfield Website –
The activity is a self funded project. As it is important to cover almost all parts of india
which includes 786 chosen places, and the journey is embarked on a Royal Enfield Bike (factory Bike) given by Royal Enfield in Chennai.
Activity Status: Travelled 58,100 kms in 22 states and delivered 173 lectures from 13-07-2015 till 19-02-2017. Total 221 interactions. This is a Self funded Activity and Mission.
Royal Enfield Sponsored Thunderbird 500 bike for executing this mission in India.
1. To reachout to ocean of students and children to encourage them in their fields with
positive approach through interaction.
2. To promote the concept of Indigenous development of technologies and products
wherever possible and encourage students to think and work in basic techno-social
3. To promote the concept of innovation and methodologies of Research to young research
engineers and scientists.
4. To interact with Medical students and inculcate the need and necessity to work in
Technology Research for improvising Medical Diagnostic products and to indeginously develop them wherever possible.
5. To travel to remote places across the country and understand the socio-economic,
technical and medical facility setbacks and educate them positively and bridge them to
proper entities who can support.
6. To continuously learn and share the useful content to the entities / organizations having
7. To share experiences with students to enable them build a proper and useful career for
themselves and economy.
Motivation: Situation In India which is prevailing from my childhood.
Session Topics for Make In India:
1. Need for Innovation
2. Product Development focus
4. Design and Development
5. Production and Testing
7. Market Focus
8. Economic Growth through Continuous Innovation
9. Focus on Innovative Entreprenuership and Start ups
10. Case studies during the lecture sessions
Mission: Think India, Work India, Make in India and Grow India
Scientist is an individual who address requirements of the society and address them
through the principles of Science and Technology.
Facebook Group/Youtube : A Journey To Realize Self