HOW I GOT INTO BIKING:
My Father (Mr. Veerdhaval Potekar) is a Biker. He has participated in number of National and International motocross events all over India like supercross, Roadial Trophy. He had participated in 9th Raid but unfortunately did not finish. I was there with service team at the age of 13.
I started this journey from National MRF NYLOGRIP Motocross Championship, Dec 1993 at Ooty, when I was hardly a months baby in cradle on the track with my Dad. Later I started taking lessons in various fields like rock climbing, paragliding, skiing horse riding and biking.
Later in year 2013, I also participated in Maruti Suzuki Raid de Himalaya being the youngest participant (age 20) among 200 boys.
EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS IN BIKING:
1. Participated in Valley Run 2017 in Ambey Valley on Triumph Street Triple on behalf of Electron Performance Team. Secured 11th position out of 22 with a timing of 11.94 for a quarter mile March 2017.
2. Completed Level 1,2 & 3 of California Superbike School at Madras Motor Race Track, Chennai – March 2017.
3. Awarded “Certificate of Achievement” by Triumph Motorcycles India at Motoday-2016.
4. Participated in Formula junior Racing series at Kari Motorsport Speedway, Coimbatore in May 2016.
5. Compiled Training Session at Madras Motorsport Race Track, Chennai in April –May 2016 organized by TVS Racing.
6. Attended India Bike week 2016, Vagator Goa and covered more than 2000 kms on Triumph Street Triple from Dewas to Goa via Coastal Route.
7. Undertook Level 1 Track Riding Session from Coimbatore Racing Academy at Kari Motorspeedway, Coimbatore in Jan 2016.
8. First in bike category Malwa Sprint organized by Malwa Motorsports Club of Indore- Sep 2015.
9. Participated in reality show organized by Ceat and MTV “Chase The Monsoon Season 3” and covered more than 3,500 kms on bike from Jaiselmer to Kathmandu in 24 days. Aug-Sep 2015.
10. Attended India Bike Week 2015, Goa and covered more than 1000 kms on Ktm Duke 200 from Pune to Goa via Coastal Route.
11. Undertook a five day session held at I- Land Academy, Mumbai in Dec 2013, conducted by Motocross Champion Rustom Patel.
12. Participated in Maruti Suzuki Raid De Himalaya- Oct 2013.
EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS OTHER THAN BIKING:
1. As a Coach, Participated in International Floorball Federation’s Floorball Development Programme Seminar in Lucknow, India – 2009.
2. Participated in India v/s World Floorball Show Match as an Official- 2009.
1. Awarded Best Rider Girls trophy by Directorate General NCC Lieutenant General R.K. Karwal in Republic Day Camp, New Delhi- Jan 2011.
Won 1 Silver & 2 Bronze in Veteran Show Jumping & Top Score Event.
Cash Prize Awarded by Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Mr. Shivraj Singh Chouhan to represent Madhya Pradesh in Republic Day Camp 2011 in New Delhi.
2. Won 1 silver in Show Jumping event in National Dressage Championship, Bhopal (M.P.) –Feb 2011.
3. Secured 4th Position in Hacks event in The Delhi Horse Show organized by The Army Polo & Riding Club, Equestrian Federation Of India , New Delhi – April 2011.
4. Won 1 Bronze in Show Jumping event In Madhya Bharat Horse Show – Oct 2011.
5. Participated in Cadet Show Jumping at Pune Horse Show– Dec 2012.
ACADEMICS AND OTHER COURSES:
1. B.Sc with physics and photography from fergusson college, pune.
2. Certificate course in fashion and people photography from bharati vidyapeeth’s school of photography, pune.
3. Completed ‘C’ certificate from 2MP R&V SQN NCC, MHOW.
4. Completed Basic Course (Snow Skiing) with ‘A’ Grade from Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institue Of Mountaneering & Allied Sports, Manali (H.P.) – Jan 2010.
5. Completed Basic Course (Snow Skiing) with ‘A’ Grade from Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institue Of Mountaneering & Allied Sports, Manali (H.P.) – Jan 2010.
6. Completed Paragliding (Alpine) Course from Leading Edge Adventures, Himachal Pradesh Tourism, Manali with 80 flights at an altitude of 8,200 ft under the guidance of Mr. Ram Prakash Thakur (Director of Leading Edge Adventures, Himachal Pradesh Tourism) – May 2010.
7. Completed Basic Mountaineerin g Course with ‘A’ Grade from Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institue Of Mountaneering & Allied Sports, Manali (H.P.) – June 2010.
8. Completed 10 days Sailing Expedition with Naval NCC at INS VIRAAT- Jan 2012.
1. LADY RIDERS OF INDIA (Group of ladies who ride only Superbikes) started by Maral Maya who is an avid biker herself. I am proud to be part of this group.
2. Being a proud owner of Triumph Street Triple, I’m a part of RAT’s Indore; ‘RIDERS ASSOCIATION OF TRIUMPH’.
3. MALWA MOTORSPORTS CLUB, INDORE
4. INDORE BIKER BROTHERS
5. BIKER NATION
6. BADASS BIKERS
7. RIDES OF RIDERS
8. ENFIELD QUEENS
9. BIKERGIRLS OF INDORE – I have recently founded this club. This is an initiative to encourage more girls in the field of biking.
As I have completed Level 1,2 & 3 of California Superbike School at Madras Motor Race Track, Chennai (March 2017); I am aiming towards a bigger goal. Soon I’ll be attending Superbike track day at BIC on my Triumph Street Triple and participating in the Superbike Championship.
Message to other female riders- “ When a Women makes a winning move , the world sits up and takes notices.” This is what I follow and would suggest other girls to follow.
Time to Twist the Throttle Girls!